The legislative body of the Town of Amherst is a Representative Town Meeting, consisting of 240 elected Town Meeting members, 24 from each of 10 precincts plus 14 ex officio
members: the five members of the Select Board, the five members of the School Committee, the President of the Library Trustees, the Chair of the Finance Committee, the Moderator, and the Town Manager. The Annual Town Meeting usually begins in late April or early May.
• Now through February 10, 2015 - File Nomination Papers for Town Meeting seats and town-wide offices to have your name on the ballot – due by Feb. 10 at 5:00 pm in the Town Clerk’s Office. For more information call the Town Clerk at 413-259-3035 and see "Running for Town Meeting?"
• January 26, 2015 - Deadline for Citizen Zoning Petitions in the Select Board Office. Petition articles for an annual Town Meeting require 10 signatures. For questions please call the Town Manager's office at 413-259-3002. See “How to Bring a Citizen Petition Article to Town Meeting .”
• February 23, 2015 - Deadline for Citizen Miscellaneous Petitions in the Select Board Office. Petition articles for an annual Town Meeting require 10 signatures. For questions please call the Town Manager's office at 413-259-3002. See “How to Bring a Citizen Petition Article to Town Meeting."
• March 23, 2015 - The Select Board is scheduled to sign the Warrant.
• March 24 and April 3, 2015 - Deadlines for documents for mailings to Town Meeting members due at noon in the Town Manager’s Office.
• March – April - Select Board, Finance Committee and Planning Board review articles
• April 3, 2015 - Deadline for Draft Motion Language
• April 7, 2015 - The TMCC/LWV Warrant Review takes place in the Town Room at 7:00 pm.
• April 12, 2015 - The TMCC Bus Tour, if needed, is scheduled for Sunday from 2 to 4 pm. We do not know yet if there are places to visit related to the Warrant.
• between April 13 and 26, 2015 - TMCC Precinct Meetings will take place. Specific dates and places will be posted and sent out via this listserv at a later time.
• April 27, 2015 - Spring 2015 Annual Town Meeting begins on Monday at 7:00 pm in the Middle School Auditorium. Additional sessions, if needed, are reserved for April 29, May 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 27, June 1, 3, and 8, 2015.
Please visit the General Info for TM members webpage for more information.
For Recent Events see the TMCC Events page.
Page last updated December 9, 2014