The Town of Amherst has implemented a Storm and Snow Emergency Parking Ban. When a weather emergency creates the need for Department of Public Works or Police Department to have roadways and town parking lots free of cars, a Parking Emergency will be announced by flashing blue lights at busy intersections, an announcement on the Town of Amherst Homepage, and posts to our Town of Amherst social media accounts (Facebook & Twitter).
If you would like to stay up-to-date with Parking Emergency notifications, please click here Version OptionsWinter ParkingHeadline to enroll in our Notify Me alerts or simply text the word Parking to 38276.
During the declared emergency, parking is prohibited from midnight to 7:00 am on all town streets and in all parking lots, with 3 exceptions.
Permitted Overnight Parking during Parking Emergency:
1. Lower Level of the Boltwood Parking Garage
2. Pray Street Lot – Town portion only
3. North Pleasant Street Lot – Town portion only (along the row adjacent to the Church)
Permitted parking areas are subject to change based on emergency
Visit our Interactive Map for more information on parking.
Vehicles that remain parked in nonpermitted streets and lots during an Emergency Parking Ban will be ticketed or towed at the owner's expense.
1. Watch for the flashing blue lights over busy intersections in Town.
2. Visit our website, www.amherstma.gov, to stay up-to-date on the latest announcements, news flashes and alerts.
4. Sign up for Emergency Parking Alerts in your language of choice by clicking here or simply text the word Parking to 38276 from your mobile device for a quick sign-up option.