LIST OF TOPICS:
The regular Town Council meeting will convene at 5:00 p.m.
From 5:00-6:30 p.m. the Town Council will hold a reading period to review the Town Manager’s evaluation documents.
At 6:30 p.m. the Town Council will recess the regular meeting for the 6:30 p.m. Public Forum on the FY25 Budget and 7:00 p.m. Public Forum on Supplemental Budget Appropriations
The regular meeting will resume following the public forums.
1. Call to Order
5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Town Manager Performance Evaluation Reading Period – All evaluation documents will be distributed to Councilors at 5:00 p.m. Documents will be made available to the public in the Town Council packet on the Town website at 5:00 p.m.
3. Hearings – None
4. General Public Comment
Residents are welcome to express their views for up to 3 minutes, at the discretion of the Town Council President, based upon the number of people who wish to speak. The Council will not engage in a dialogue or comment on a matter raised during General Public Comment. Public comments are not reflective of the opinions of the Town Council.
5. Consent Agenda
6. Resolutions and Proclamations – None
7. Presentations and Discussion – None
8. Action Items
a. Supplemental Budget Appropriation Requests
1. Council Order FY24-05C: An Order Appropriating Funds for the Town of Amherst Sewer Fund Capital Program – Sewer Collection System and Waste Water Treatment Facility Equipment and Repairs
2. Council Order FY24-12A: An Order Appropriating from Free Cash to the Stabilization Funds
3. Council Order FY24-05B: An Order Appropriating Funds for a Portion of the Town of Amherst Capital Program – Road and Sidewalk Repairs
4. Council Order FY24-04B: An Order Appropriating a supplemental increase to the Town of Amherst Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2024, to incorporate 4 Firefighter positions previously funded by ARPA
5. Council Order FY24-16A: An Order Appropriating from Free Cash to the Cannabis Impact Special Revenue Fund
6. Council Order FY24-16B: An Order Appropriating from Free Cash to the Opioid Settlement Special Revenue Fund
b. Supplemental appropriation for the expansion and renovation of the Jones Library, said sum to supplement the amount appropriated under the Town Council’s April 5, 2021 Order Approving and Authorizing Borrowing of Funds for the Expansion and Renovation of the Jones Library
c. Proposed Rescission and Replacement of General Bylaw 3.50 Residential Rental Property and Proposed Regulations for General Bylaw 3.50 Residential Rental Property – First Reading
d. Proposed Streetlight Policy – Consent Agenda
e. Town Manager Evaluation
f. Draft Town Manager Goals
g. Town Manager Evaluation Process
a. Town Manager Appointments – Consent Agenda
1. Affordable Housing Trust Board of Trustees: Ashley Gatongo, for a term ending June 30, 2024; Gaston de los Reyes, for a term ending June 30, 2025
2. Personnel Board: Brianna Sunryd, for a term ending June 30, 2026
b. Town Council Appointments – None
10. Committee and Liaison Reports
a. Community Resources Committee
b. Elementary School Building Committee
c. Finance Committee
d. Governance, Organization, and Legislation Committee
e. Jones Library Building Committee
f. Town Services and Outreach Committee
g. Liaison Reports: Amherst Affordable Housing Trust, Board of Health, Community Preservation Act Committee, Community Safety and Social Justice Committee, Disability Access Advisory Committee, Energy and Climate Action Committee, Planning Board, Recreation Commission, and Transportation Advisory Committee
11. Approval of Minutes – None
12. Town Manager Report
13. Town Council Comments
a. President Report
b. Future Agenda Items
c. Councilor Comments
14. Topics Not Reasonably Anticipated by the Chair 48 Hours in Advance of the Meeting
15. Executive Session – None
Meeting materials will be posted here https://www.amherstma.gov/DocumentCenter/Index/5935; materials may be added or changed up through and after the meeting date.
Members of the public who wish to access the meeting may do so via Zoom, by telephone, or in-person.