November 20, 2023
Special Meeting of the Town Council and Finance Committee - Public Forum on Supplemental Budget Appropriations
Monday, November 20, 2023
RECEIVED: 11/16/23, 3:02 pm. LIST OF TOPICS: Click "More Details" for List of Topics
LIST OF TOPICS:
The regular Town Council meeting will convene at 5:00 p.m.
From 5:00-6:30 p.m. the Town Council will hold a reading period to review the Town Manager’s evaluation documents.
At 6:30 p.m. the Town Council will recess the regular meeting for the 6:30 p.m. Public Forum on the FY25 Budget and 7:00 p.m. Public Forum on Supplemental Budget Appropriations
The regular meeting will resume following the public forums.
- Call to Order
- Public Forum on Supplemental Budget Appropriations and Library Building Project Supplemental Bond Authorization – Charter Section 5.6
- Council Order FY24-05C: An Order Appropriating Funds for the Town of Amherst Sewer Fund Capital Program – Sewer Collection System and Waste Water Treatment Facility Equipment and Repairs
- Council Order FY24-12A: An Order Appropriating from Free Cash to the Stabilization Funds
- Council Order FY24-05B: An Order Appropriating Funds for a Portion of the Town of Amherst Capital Program – Road and Sidewalk Repairs
- Council Order FY24-04B: An Order Appropriating a supplemental increase to the Town of Amherst Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2024, to incorporate 4 Firefighter positions previously funded by ARPA
- Council Order FY24-16A: An Order Appropriating from Free Cash to the Cannabis Impact Special Revenue Fund
- Council Order FY24-16B: An Order Appropriating from Free Cash to the Opioid Settlement Special Revenue Fund
- Supplemental appropriation for the expansion and renovation of the Jones Library, said sum to supplement the amount appropriated under the Town Council’s April 5, 2021 Order Approving and Authorizing Borrowing of Funds for the Expansion and Renovation of the Jones Library
Public Comment: Residents are welcome to express their views for up to 3 minutes, at the discretion of the Town Council President, based on the number of people who wish to speak. More than one-half of the meeting time on the agenda is devoted to public comment.
- Topics Not Reasonably Anticipated by the Chair 48 Hours in Advance of the Meeting
Meeting materials will be posted here https://www.amherstma.gov/DocumentCenter/Index/5935; materials may be added or changed up through and after the meeting date.
Members of the public who wish to access the meeting may do so via Zoom, by telephone, or in-person.