At their September 25th meeting, the Amherst School Committee approved the mission statement (available here) for the Fort River School Building Committee. The committee also voted to include the following voting members on the Fort River School Building Committee:
- Fort River Principal or Designee
- Fort River Teacher
- Fort River Staff Member
- Facilities Director or Designee
- School Committee Member
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) Designee
- Fort River PGO Appointee
- Town Finance Representative
- Community Member with Green Energy Expertise and Architectural Background
- At-Large Parent/Guardian/CaregiverAt-Large Community Member #1
At-Large Community Member #2
In addition, the committee voted to formalize their commitment to having a minimum of 50% of the voting membership of the School Building Committee composed of women and persons of color.
Community members are encouraged to complete the application available here for the following positions:
1) Community Member with Green Energy Expertise and Architectural Background;
2) At-Large Parent/Guardian/Caregiver;
3) At-Large Community Member (2 positions).
The deadline for applications is 12:00 Noon on Friday, October 13. All applications will be considered; however, preference may be given to women and people of color, parents/guardians/caregivers, and those with Amherst town government experience.
Click Here for the Committee Membership Flyer
Questions? Please Contact Debbie Westmoreland at 413-362-1823 or email@example.com or the Amherst School Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org