The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced that public meetings to present and discuss the Draft MassDOT and MBTA Capital Investment Plan (CIP) Update for Fiscal Years 2019–2023 will be held in May and that the public comment period for the draft CIP will open on May 15, and close on June 4. Public comments may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The draft CIP is multi-billion dollar investment portfolio
and includes all MassDOT highway and bridge projects, regional airports, railand transit, including MBTA and Regional Transit Authorities as well as the
Registry of Motor Vehicles. Public participation is essential to the success ofthe CIP.
The public meetings are scheduled as follows:
· Wednesday, May 16, 6:00 p.m.
Worcester, CMRPC, UNUM Building, 1 Mercantile Street
· Thursday, May 17, 6:30 p.m.Barnstable, Hyannis Transportation Center, 215 Iyannough Road
· Thursday, May 17, 6:30 p.m.
Springfield, Pioneer Valley Planning Commission, 60 Congress Street
· Monday, May 21, 6:30 p.m.Framingham, Nevins Hall, 150 Concord Street
· Monday, May 21, 6:30 p.m.
Quincy, Auditorium, Quincy Central Middle School, 875 Hancock Street
· Tuesday, May 22, 5:30 p.m.Pittsfield, Berkshire Regional Planning Commission, 1 Fenn Street, Suite 201
· Wednesday, May 23, 6:30 p.m.
Peabody, Selectman’s Conference Room, City Hall, 24 Lowell Street
· Wednesday, May 30, 6:30 p.m. NewBedford, Auditorium, GNB Voc-Tech, 1121 Ashley Boulevard
· Thursday, May 31, 6:30 p.m.
Fitchburg, Fire Station, 33 North Street
Locations are accessible to people with disabilities. MassDOTprovides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge
upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American SignLanguage and languages other than English, open or closed captioning for
videos, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such asaudio tapes, Braille and large print), as available. For accommodation or
language assistance, please contact Katy Zazzera by phone (857) 368-8986 or byemail (Kathryn.Zazzera@dot.state.ma.us).
Requests should be made as soon as possible prior to the meeting, and for morechallenging to arrange services including sign-language, CART or language
translation or interpretation, requests should be made at least ten (10)business days before the meeting.
If you are unable to attend a meeting, a copy of the
presentation will be available at: www.mass.gov/massdot/cip