Eversource has begun work on their Montague to Fairmont Structure Replacement Project. You may notice active work crews in the project area. More details can be viewed be viewed below and questions on the project can be directed to Eversource by calling 1-800-793-2202 or emailing them at ProjectInfo@eversource.com
Impacted neighboring properties will or have received a construction letter from Eversource, click here to view a copy of that letter.
What Neighboring Properties Can Expect
• Reliable Service: Be assured that this work will not interrupt electric service to your property.
• Proper Identification: All people working on this project carry identification.
• Where They’ll Be Working: Construction activity will take place on Eversource owned property, within the limits of their utility easement on your property, or on a nearby property. Sometimes they access the utility easement from private property on which they have an access agreement. Click here for areas in Amherst where work will be taking place.
• Traffic Management: They will coordinate closely with community on effective traffic management throughout project construction and restoration.
• Communication: Keeping the lines of communications open is important to Eversource. They will continue to provide updates to keep you informed as project work progresses. Before work starts, field outreach representatives will be in touch, either in person or with a door hanger notice, to provide more details about the construction schedule for your area. They would like to know how you prefer to receive information about the project. In addition to letters, they can send you an e-mail or text message updates with information specific to your area.
• Construction Hours: The hours for construction will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Due to weather or other unexpected circumstances, from time to time the crews may need to work longer hours or work on a Sunday.
• Pre-construction Photos: They routinely take pictures to document the pre-construction condition of our project route and anticipated work areas.
Construction Activities: Project construction will take place in phases and will not be continuous. It will include the following:
o Site preparation, including installing environmental protection and erosion control;
o Receiving deliveries and assembling new equipment;
o Installing access roads and work pads on the existing right of way;
o Brush clearing and mowing;
o Soil drilling for new structures;
o Using cranes to install new equipment;
o Working on existing equipment to connect to new equipment;
o Final restoration of areas disturbed by the work.
• Project Completion: They expect construction activities and restoration on this project to occur through Spring of 2020.
Eversource is committed to being a good neighbor and doing their work with respect for you and your property. If you have questions about this project or would like to provide your preferred method of contact for project updates, please call 1-800-793-2202 or email them at ProjectInfo@eversource.com