The Town of Amherst has declared a Parking Ban for snow removal in the Downtown for Thursday December 5th at 11:59pm through Friday December 6th at 7:00am.
During a declared Downtown Parking Ban, parking is prohibited from midnight to 7:00 am in the Downtown area of the following streets:
- Main Street from South Pleasant Street to Webster Street
- South Pleasant from College Street to Main Street
- Amity Street from South Pleasant Street to Lincoln Avenue
- North Pleasant from Main Street to Triangle Street
- East Pleasant from North Pleasant Street to Triangle Street
- Spring Street from Churchill Street to Boltwood Ave
- Boltwood Ave from College Street to Main Street
- Sellen Street from South Prospect Street to South Pleasant Street
- Lessey Street from Churchill Street to dead end
- Churchill Street from Spring Street to Lessey Street
- All meters spots on North Prospect Street, Hallock Street, and South Prospect Street.
Parking is also prohibited in all Town of Amherst parking lots from midnight to 7:00 am, except for the following three locations:
1. The lower level of the parking garage
2. The town portion of the Pray Street Lot
3. Northern row of the town N Pleasant St Lot (row closest to church only).
Vehicles will be ticketed and towed, at the owner's expense.
More parking related information can be found at www.amherstma.gov/parking