Due to the weather forecast, the Town of Amherst has declared a Town Parking Ban for Saturday, January 18th at 11:59 pm through Sunday, January 19th at 7:00 am.
During a declared Parking Ban, parking is prohibited from midnight to 7:00 am on all town streets and in all parking lots, with 3 exceptions.
During this period of parking ban, overnight parking is allowed in:
1. The lower level of the parking garage,
2. The town portion of the Pray Street Lot,
3. Northern row of the town N Pleasant St Lot (row closest to church only).
Otherwise, vehicles will be ticketed and towed nightly, at the owner’s expense
Click Here for Parking Maps
Stay Informed of Winter Parking Ban Status:
1. Sign up for Parking Ban notifications via Email and SMS
2. Look for the scrolling banner across all pages on www.amherstma.gov
3. Check the News and Announcements section of our home page, or subscribe to our New Flash here
4. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
5. Watch for the blue flashing lights at major intersections in Town