In light of COVID-19, the Town of Amherst has had to make adjustments to services, policies and has closed buildings to the public. Please see below for an updated list of Town policies and information, including guidance for construction sites & grocery stores. See below:
Town Policy Updates:
- Town of Amherst municipal buildings, including the Town Hall, Senior Center/Bangs Center, Jones library & branches will be closed to the public, with the earliest possible reopening date of May 18, 2020. Staff is working hard to continue serving the needs of the public. Click here for the Town Staff & Department Directory
- Transfer Station Updates & Restrictions - as of May 21, 2020
- New Guidance Issued for Construction Sites in Amherst - on April 10, 2020
- New Guidance Issued for Grocery Stores - on April 10, 2020
- Town Manager Extends Payment Due Dates, Waives Interest & penalty charges - on April 7, 2020
- Puffers Pond Beaches - No settling/congregating - as of April 5, 2020
- Parking enforcement suspended (except violations of handicapped parking spaces, tow zones & overnight snow emergency restrictions) - as of April 3, 2020
- All playgrounds (including schools) are closed as of March 29, 2020 - Click for full updates & modifications on Town Facilities & Recreation
- DPW Operations & Service Updates - as of March 20, 2020
- Amherst Public Schools - All school buildings are closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Amherst Fire Department has temporarily suspended smoke detector inspections for sales & transfers. Open-air burning, through May 1 only, still requires a permit. Click here to apply and pay online.
- Amherst Police Department has suspended non-essential fingerprint for employment, seat belt installations, outreach & community meetings, and the SALT program. There have also been modifications to the firearms licensing process.
How to Stay Informed:
Update on April 29th to reflect continued closure of All Municipal Buildings until at least May 18th