November 3, 2020 Election FAQs:
- Polls will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm on election day.
How can I vote?
- Apply by filling out an application, signing, and returning to the Town Clerk’s office. Apply early to allow time for mailing.
- Returning your ballot:
- By mail: if returning from within the U.S., your ballot must be postmarked by November 3, 2020, and received no later than 5:00 pm on November 6, 2020.
- By hand: There is a ballot drop box on the Main Street side of Town Hall dedicated solely for ballots. Ballots must be received by the close of polls on election day if delivered by hand.
- In-Person Early Voting: October 17 through 30 at the Bangs Community Center.
- 10/17 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- 10/18 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- 10/19 through 10/23 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- 10/24 from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm (last day to register to vote)
- 10/25 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- 10/26 through 10/30 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- In-Person Voting on Election Day
- If you have not requested a vote by mail application you can vote in person on election day or during early voting
- Any voter who has returned a vote by mail ballot that has been accepted by the local election official cannot subsequently vote.
Am I a registered voter, and is my voter status “active”?
- The deadline to register to vote for the November 3, 2020 election is October 24, 2020. A voter registration affidavit must be received by the local election official by 8:00 pm if in person, or by 11:59 pm if using the online State portal Staff will be available for voter registration during early voting on October 24th from 2-8 pm at the Bangs Community Center.
- To determine your voter status, you can either:
- If you find you are in Inactive status, you may fill out an annual Street List form here and return it to your local election official. Inactive voters are still eligible to vote but will be required to complete additional forms and show an ID at the polls. Save time by checking your status before voting.
Questions? Contact the Town Clerk’s office at 413-259-3035 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org