The Town of Amherst is pleased to announce the reopening of your Town Hall and other municipal buildings to the public on Tuesday, June 1st in alignment with guidance from the State of Massachusetts. Amherst Town Hall will be open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM starting on June 1st.
We are committed to the health of our community and staff, so in the initial weeks of our reopening there will be certain safety protocols in place that we ask all visitors to be aware of. Masks will be required to enter our buildings. If you do not have a mask, a staff member will provide one. If there is a queue at the particular service window you are visiting, please remember to maintain physical space from the other visitors in line.
You may access our public meetings calendar by clicking here. Please take note of the location of the public meetings at this time, as most are now meeting in-person as of June 15th.
If you have any questions regarding public access to Town Hall or other Town facilities, please contact the Town Manager’s Office at (413) 259-3002 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Town Buildings:
- Jones Library: Phased reopening beginning Monday, June 14th. To learn more click here.
- Bangs Center/Senior Center: Due to vaccine clinic operations, the Bangs Center will continue a modified scaling up of in-person activities from June 1-31. The Senior Center will scale up activities during the month of June with pre-registered and by appointment access. Occupancy limits, social distance will remain in effect and masks are advised. Masks are required for those unvaccinated. Please contact Senior Services at 413-259-3060 for more information.
- Masks are mandated, per the Governor of Massachusetts, at all vaccination clinics. This includes the Amherst Vaccine Clinic at the Bangs Community Center.
- Fire Department: Will reopen on June 1st following the same mask protocols as Town Hall.
- Police Department: Has already reopened to the public, following the same mask protocols as Town Hall.
- DPW: Will reopen on June 1st following the same mask protocols as Town Hall.
- Amherst Recreation Office: Will reopen on June 1st with masks required until further notice.