Please use caution around rivers and streams. Due to consistent and plentiful rainfall, the Mill River, Fort River, and Puffers Pond are at dangerously high levels. All local waterways are experiencing rapid and extreme flows. These high water levels can also bring dangerous debris into rivers and streams.
Until further notice, residents are urged to avoid wading, swimming, or recreating around surging waterways.
Additional Safety Precautions:
• Move to higher ground and stay away from low-lying flood-prone areas
• Do not allow children to play in flood waters
• Never drive on a flooded road
• Be extra cautious during nighttime flooding situations
• Keep pets away from rivers until water levels have returned to normal
• IN AN EMERGENCY DIAL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY
Information provided by the National Weather Service, U.S. Dept. of Transportation, and American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
Questions? Contact the Town Manager's Office at 413-259-3002