Prolonged and heavy rainfall is possible in the Amherst area beginning midday tomorrow, Sunday and in to Monday from Hurricane Henri. Some reports forecast between 4-6 inches of rain in our area. Please be cautious and mindful of safety precautions during this type of weather event.
Use caution around rivers and streams. Local waterways may experience rapid and extreme flows during this time. These high water levels can also bring dangerous debris into rivers and streams.
Additional Safety Precautions:
- Secure loose items outdoors
- Move to higher ground and stay away from low-lying flood-prone areas
- Do not allow children to play in flood waters
- Never drive on a flooded road
- Be extra cautious during nighttime flooding situations
- Keep pets away from rivers until water levels have returned to normal
- IN AN EMERGENCY DIAL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY
- Sign up for Amherst Emergency Alerts here, or text "Join Amherst" to 30890
- Find more hurricane safety tips here.