The Town of Amherst invites you to submit projects appropriate to the provisions of the Act that you would like Community Preservation Act Committee (CPAC) to consider beginning on September 1, 2021. Proposals are due by October 1, 2021. The CPAC will ask the relevant boards, commissions and committees for their input on proposals and encourages applicants to consult with them before submission. Typically, we refer open space proposals to the Conservation Commission, recreation proposals to the Recreation, historic preservation proposals to the Historical Commission, and community housing proposals to the Amherst Municipal Affordable Housing Trust and the Amherst Housing Authority.
The Committee plans to schedule presentations of projects at our meetings in October and November.
The Committee expects recipients of funds for Projects to report back in writing annually about the progress of the project. Projects must be completed in a timely manner and unspent funds returned to the CPA Fund.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Feasibility of project;
- Documentation of estimated costs;
- Available funding:
- possibility of multiple sources of funding,
- expectations for need of additional funding in future years,
- lack of other funding sources if applicable;
- Estimated timeline from receipt of funding to start and to completion of project;
- Urgency of project;
- Acquisition and/or preservation of threatened resources;
- Population(s) to be served;
- Plan for how project will be maintained over time;
- Priority ranking of project set by relevant Town boards, committees or commissions.
- Complete the online application by the deadline (early submissions of proposals are encouraged to give the CPA Committee time for review and to receive information from relevant Town boards and commissions)
- The receipt of your proposal will be acknowledged
- CPAC may submit written questions to you
- Public presentations before CPAC will be scheduled for October and November
- CPAC votes on proposals and submits recommendations to Town Council
- Town Council votes on proposals
Please contact the CPAC at email@example.com should you have any questions.
For more details on CPAC and Proposing a CPA Project, click Additional Info below.