The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Advisory Committee will hold a public hearing on Thursday, November 18th at 7:00 PM. The public hearing will be conducted virtually via Zoom and be joined at https://amherstma.zoom.us/j/86290153601 and will accommodate public comment to the extent practical. To join the meeting via telephone: Call (312) 626-6799 or (646) 876-9923 and enter Webinar ID when prompted: 862 9015 3601. A hyperlink to the hearing will also be posted on the Town’s online public meeting calendar.
The Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) has designated the Town of Amherst a Mini-Entitlement Community that is eligible to apply for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. CDBG funds support housing, community development projects, and social service activities benefiting low- and moderate-income citizens. In accordance with DHCD regulations, Amherst’s CDBG Advisory Committee will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 7 PM to receive comments and suggestions from local residents regarding:
1. Review ongoing activities from FY2020 CDBG grant
- a. Amherst Housing Authority, Watson Farms Siding
- b. Valley CDC, Microenterprise Assistance
- c. Town of Amherst, Mill Lane Multi-use Path
- d. Amherst Community Connections, Housing Resources to the Homeless
- e. Big Brothers Big Sisters, Youth Services
- f. Center for New Americans, English for Speakers of Other Languages
- g. Amherst Survival Center, Food Pantry
- h. Family Outreach of Amherst, Homelessness Prevention Services
2. Comments on the outcome, effectiveness, and ways to improve the CDBG process
More information can be found on the Committee’s webpage: www.amherstma.gov/1122/CDBG-Advisory-Committee
Any person or organization wishing to be heard will be afforded an opportunity. Reasonable accommodations will be attempted upon written request to the Town Manager’s Office or Mr. Breger prior to the meeting.
Questions and written comments may be submitted to Planner, Ben Breger via email at firstname.lastname@example.org