The Town of Amherst and our community partners will host a Community Clean-Up Day on Saturday, April 30th from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. In Spring 2019 we held a similar event and we are glad to be able to bring it back this year. See video below for some highlights from the 2019 event.
Volunteers will report to one of three rally points throughout Amherst. Each rally point will be staffed by a team of captains with area assignments and more details. Supplies will be provided but we do encourage you to bring your own work gloves or eye protection if you have, as our supplies are limited.
There will also be a Community Celebration: Spring in to Amherst event hosted by the Amherst Business Improvement District on the Amherst Town Common from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM after the Community Clean-Up. The event will feature live music, magic shows, horse rides, local beer & wine, games, prizes and more. See event details here or the event flyer.
How you can participate:
- Learn more at www.engageamherst.org/cleanup2022
- Drop a pin for a spot in Amherst that could use some attention from our clean-up volunteers on our crowdsource map.
- Register to help out at the Community Clean-Up Day using the registration form on our project page
- Have questions, suggestions, or ideas? Email us at email@example.com or call us at (413) 259-3002
- Get social: on the day of the Community Clean-Up, share your photos to Facebook and Twitter, tagging us @TownofAmherst and using hashtag #AmherstMA