The Amherst Senior Center is offering a number of new in-person ways to improve your health and wellbeing. Some of our new onsite offerings include:
- FIT Forward: Wednesdays, 2:00-3:00pm starts 9/07/2022. This (Pilates based) mat class is designed to help you be fit as you move forward through everyday life. Enjoy a moderately paced full body workout to improve overall strength, posture, and mobility. Please bring a mat and a towel. Led by Cathy Lawlor. Call (413) 259-3060 to sign up. Participants must be able to move up and down from the floor independently.
- “Sampling the Divine”; Belly Dance Inspired Movement: Tuesdays. 5:30-6:45pm, 09/20/22-10/11/22: Sampling the Divine is an expressive dance course, designed to awaken our spiritual, sensual and emotional potential through belly dance-inspired and creative movement. Discover the delicious feel of these easy-to-access moves and experience the magical benefits for your mind, body and spirit! Just bring comfortable clothing, your bare feet or comfortable flats, and be prepared to sample the divine! Seated dancers are welcome! Led by Madelyn Farr, a dancer/choreographer and expressive arts specialist, with a Masters in Dance-Movement Therapy. Call (413) 259-3060 to register.
- Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15th if you’re turning 65 it’s time to consider your options. Medicare can be complicated to navigate so join Greg Keochakian, a specialist in the senior market, as he helps you take the guess work out of your health insurance benefit options. Dates: Tuesday September 13th at 11:00am and Wednesday September 28th at 1:00pm.
- Mobile Manicures and Foot Care by Sarah: Fourth Tues. of month 9am-3:30pm. Sarah Hassett, a licensed master nail technician specializing in natural nail care, offers full spa manicures with gentle nail shaping, cuticle care, hydrating massage, and professional polish application. Sarah also provides foot care services and can be booked for toenail trimming and shaping. Reservations required, call (413) 259-3060 to book an appointment, $25/appointment.
- 30 Minutes Reiki Sessions: Wednesdays from 9:00am-1:00pm Sessions are led by Reiki Master, Bob Nelson, RN. Walk-ins accepted. To schedule, call the senior center (413) 259-3060. Sessions are $20.
You can view the full Senior Center Calendar here, and all Town of Amherst Calendars online at www.amherstma.gov/calendar
Sign-up here to receive the Senior Spirit Newsletter right in your email inbox.
Questions? Contact the Amherst Senior Center at (413) 259-3060