PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED PARKING REGULATION CHANGES FOR THE FOLLOWING STREETS:
Lincoln Avenue between McClellan Street and Amity Street
Sunset Avenue between Elm Street and Amity Street
In accordance with General Bylaws Sec. 3.14 and the Town Council Policy Regarding the Control and Regulation of the Public Ways, the Town Services and Outreach Committee of the Town Council will hold a VIRTUAL PUBLIC HEARING on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 7:15 p.m. via Zoom.
PROPOSED REGULATIONS: requested by Councilor Taub and recommended by the Transportation Advisory Committee:
- To prohibit parking on the East Side of Lincoln Ave. between McClellan St. and Amity St. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- To prohibit parking on the east side of Sunset Ave. between Elm St. and Amity St. at all times
- To prohibit parking on one side of Elm St. at all times
How to participate:
- To participate in the Virtual Public Hearing via Zoom, go to https://amherstma.zoom.us/j/87928334747; to indicate you wish to speak, click “Raise Hand” and the Town Services and Outreach Committee chair will recognize you.
- To participate in the Virtual Public Hearing via telephone, dial (301) 715-8592 or (312) 626-6799; enter Webinar ID: 879 2833 4747; when prompted to enter participant number, press #; to indicate you wish to speak, press *9 and the Town Services and Outreach Committee chair will recognize you.
Members of the public are welcome to express their views during the hearing or in writing.
Written comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
4 Boltwood Avenue
Amherst, MA 01002
The above-referenced General Bylaws are available here, and the Town Council Policy Regarding the Control and Regulation of the Public Ways is available here.
If you have questions, please reach out to Clerk of the Council Athena O’Keeffe, at email@example.com or call (413) 259-3209.