The Amherst Town Clerk is sharing some reminders and information about the upcoming State Election on Tuesday, November 8th.
- The last day to REGISTER TO VOTE is October 29, 2022:
- The Clerk’s office will be open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm for in-person voter registration
- If registering online at www.voteinma.com the deadline is 11:59 pm
- If registering by mail, your voter registration form must be postmarked by October 29th
- The last day to submit an application to receive a mailed ballot is November 1st by 5:00 pm.
- The application must be received in the Town Clerk’s office by this deadline.
- The last day and hour for in-person absentee voting is Monday, November 7th by 12:00 Noon. Eligibility to apply for an absentee ballot includes: absence from town on election day, a disability, or religious belief.
ACCESSIBLE ABSENTEE BALLOT NOW AVAILABLE
New Service: Massachusetts has implemented an Accessible Electronic Voting System as the result of the VOTES Act. Amherst voters may now request, receive, complete and return their ballot electronically using a secure web portal for the upcoming November 8, 2022 State Election if they are unable to mark a paper ballot because of a disability.
The deadline to request an accessible ballot is 5:00 pm on November 1, 2022. Request an accessible ballot here: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/mailinrequestweb/mailinballot.aspx
IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING
Two weeks of in-person early voting is being offered beginning Saturday, October 22nd and running through November 4th in the First Floor Meeting Room, Town Hall. Please see below for dates and times.
- Saturday, October 22, 2022 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Monday, October 24, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 25, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Thursday, October 27, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Friday, October 28, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Sunday, October 30, 2022 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Monday, October 31, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Thursday, November 3, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Friday, November 4, 2022 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Polls will be open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Election Day, Tuesday, November 8th. Due to the 2020 Federal Census & Reprecincting, your polling location may have changed! Double check you're going to the correct location beforehand - CLICK HERE
More details available at www.amherstma.gov/vote
Questions? Contact the Amherst Town Clerk's Office at email@example.com or by phone at (413) 259-3035