The Amherst BID, in collaboration with the Town of Amherst, announces the 2023 NEW Business and Technical Assistance Grant application. Applications are now open, with a deadline of February 15, 2023.
The Application deadline is February 15, 2023. Applications will be reviewed using a scoring system and then by a committee between February 16 - 28. Funding will be released immediately upon award notice.
Applicants can apply for ONE of the two grants:
- NEW Business grants: The Amherst MA BID, in collaboration with the Town of Amherst, has been allocated ARPA funds to help new businesses in Amherst, MA get open! This grant is to support small, brick and mortar, storefront businesses throughout the Town of Amherst MA. Grants for new business will go up to $10,000. The Application deadline is February 15, 2023. Applications will be reviewed using a scoring system and then by a committee between February 16 - 28. Funding will be released immediately upon award notice. *TO APPLY for a NEW business grant you MUST have a fully executed lease and business plan.
- Technical Assistance grants: These funds are to assist with professional fees that are helpful in opening a business. These funds can be paid for assistance with architects, attorneys, internal systems, build-out needs, branding specialists for logos and web design etc. To apply for this grant you MUST have a preliminary business plan including a concept, budget, and management plan, and have found space that would be suitable for your concept. * A fully executed lease is not required to apply for this grant.
The application may be used for either the new business grant or the technical assistance grant. Follow-up, reporting, and completion of projects will be required.
- Business MUST be brick and mortar for profit patron facing in the town of Amherst MA
- Business must be a non-franchise local business with 50 or fewer full-time employees and a location within the Town of Amherst, MA
- Businesses must be compliant with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to zoning, licensing, and permits.
- Business or potential business must be in good standing with their landlord or potential landlord
- Businesses awarded a grant are required to report back to the Amherst BID with proof of completion and use of funds with contracts, receipts, and proof of payment. If a business does not provide proof of grant use, it may be required to return the funds to the Amherst BID.
Excluded business types:
- Real estate rentals/sales businesses
- Liquor stores
- Weapons/firearms dealer
- Cannabis-related businesses
Click here to apply online
Questions? Please contact email@example.com