The Town of Amherst has declared a Town Parking Ban for Monday, February 27th starting at 11:59 pm and going through Tuesday, February 28th at 7:00 am.
During a declared Parking Ban, parking is prohibited from 11:59 pm to 7:00 am on all town streets and in all parking lots, with 3 exceptions.
During this period of parking ban, overnight parking is allowed in:
- The lower level of the parking garage,
- The town portion of the Pray Street Lot,
- Northern row of the town N Pleasant St Lot (row closest to church only).
Otherwise, vehicles will be ticketed and towed nightly, at the owner's expense.
Regular enforcement hours for these lots begins at 8am. Any vehicle left parked in these designated parking area is responsible to pay for parking.
SIDEWALK SNOW REMOVAL
Snow and/or ice removal from sidewalks is the responsibility of the property owner. Depending on storm conditions, The Town may send a sidewalk plow around on major sidewalks to assist residents with this task. Once the Town machine has passed, the resident or property owner is responsible for maintaining the sidewalk in a passable condition.
Please contact the Public Works Department at 413-259-3050, ext 0 for further information.
WAYS TO STAY INFORMED
1. Watch for the flashing blue lights over busy intersections in Town. When these lights are flashing, there is an active parking ban in place.
2. Visit our website, www.amherstma.gov, to stay up-to-date on the latest announcements, news flashes and alerts.
3. Follow us on Social Media (Facebook & Twitter).
4. Sign up for Parking Ban alerts in your language of choice by clicking here or simply text the word Parking to 38276 from your mobile device for a quick sign-up option.
5. Call (413) 259-3005 and listen to the recording to hear whether or not there is an active parking ban in place.