Notice of Public Hearing
Town of Amherst
The Amherst Planning Department will hold a public hearing to:
1. Discuss and receive comments on the Town’s Community Development Block Grant Activities including the Town’s 2008 and 2009 Mini-Entitlement Program.
2. The Town is requesting that the scope and range of activities of the 2009 Mini-entitlement grant be widened as the prior capital project ($450,000 to purchase property to house homeless individuals) is not feasible. This will involve possible changing and or expanding the current 2009 target areas and changing the activity in compliance with DHCD requirements for reallocation of funds as stipulated in the 2009 CDBG One-year Plan
The Town is therefore requesting input regarding increasing the scope and range of activities regarding the reallocation of funding from the Town’s 2009 Mini-Entitlement Program. Approximately $450,000 will be available.
3. Potential Projects include:
1. Additional funding for affordable housing at Olympia Drive.
2. Architecture and demolition of the Hawthorne House
3. Funding for repairs and improvements at the Amherst Community Childcare Center
4. Purchasing land for affordable housing
The Hearing will be held on Tuesday, July 27th at 5:30 P.M. in the Town Room of Town Hall.
Any person or organization wishing to be heard will be afforded an opportunity. Reasonable accommodations will be attempted upon written request to the Selectmen’s office two weeks prior to the meeting. Written comments may be submitted to the Community Services Department (email@example.com) or for more information or call (413) 259-3117.
The Town of Amherst encourages the involvement of minority business enterprises and women's business enterprises.