(September 9, 2011) Marlene Musante, through Town Hall, is issuing the following statement with regard to John’s continuing recovery:
• John is recovering well from injuries sustained in Tuesday morning’s fall. Tests indicate no health concerns contributed to this fall, and slippery conditions are considered the prime factor.
• He is expected to leave the hospital in the next few days to continue his recuperation at home. Rest is the most crucial element to his healing. Visits and phone calls will be limited and no visitors can be accepted without prior arrangement.
• Every head injury is different, and a timeline for the recovery process is impossible to predict. However, he has made great progress already, and we are optimistic that he may be able to return to work in several weeks.
• John has inspired all of us with his strength and resiliency, and he has kept his sense of humor throughout this ordeal.
• John’s care at Baystate has been outstanding. We are enormously grateful for the talent and kindness of his medical team.
• We are so appreciative of all the good wishes we have received. It means so much to know that we are surrounded by such caring and support. Please accept my heartfelt thanks, on behalf of John and our entire family.
When there is more information to provide, additional statements will be